1. Any citizen of the Czech Republic or other country can become a member through submitting an application and its assessment by the Society leadership.
2. Members of the CSSS have the right to take part in any activity of the Society, to elect and to be elected to the leadership or other body of the Society.
3. Members have the duty to follow the regulations of the Society, to contribute actively to the Society activities, to perform tasks related to the Society and to pay member fees.
4. Supporting member of the CSSS (without the right to vote) can be scientific or educational institution, offices, firms and other organizations authorized by the Society leadership.
5. The CSSS can appoint honorary members with outstanding contribution for Czech or international soil science. Proposal for the appointment is presented by the leadership and must be agreed by general assembly of the Society.
6. The CSSS defends professional rights of its members.